Topic: Supernovas

You know what would be really cool, if stars could go super nova.

Resulting in damage to buildings on a planet, some ship loss or heavy ship damage, but also dumping a lot of resources to be processed on the system. 

It is space, stars do go supernova, supernovas do create the heavy elements in the universe.  and generally speaking, most super novas don't result in black holes.

I'm not really asking for this to be implemented, but maybe you like the idea and will add it in a future release.  i just think it could really end up mixing things up, and make the game a bit more unpredictable.   

cheers.

Re: Supernovas

You do understand that it would only make sense for a supernova to destroy the system, not just cause

Kiluad wrote:

damage to buildings on a planet, some ship loss or heavy ship damage

Neutron stars can have planets.....   Science.

But the explosion itself would not only make the system unable to support life, but it would vaporize the planets.

Member of The GalacticTradingEmpire
Alliance: http://forum.emp-game.com/viewtopic.php?pid=23#p23

Trading is the path to success.

we're talking about advanced civilizations with technology far superior to our own.   

Also, if you want to get down to literals in space, the odds of there being 6 solid rock like planets in a solar system with only one star is next to nill.  heck, solar systems with only one star are rare.   This is a video game, not reality.

Last edited by Kiluad (2014-09-02 16:02:05)

Even then, we can't have our stars explode and we be able to survive an explosion of that power. I think it would pose a threat to even civilizations this advanced.

Last edited by RicartElit (2014-09-03 10:11:38)

Member of The GalacticTradingEmpire
Alliance: http://forum.emp-game.com/viewtopic.php?pid=23#p23

Trading is the path to success.

Just no.  Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck no.

I'm pressed but not crushed.
Persecuted but not abandoned.
Struck down but not destroyed.

i think supernova tech could be used to destroy uninhabited system and they respawn after 24hours with a new planet constellation